Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I just got an email that makes me want to cry.


The world can be such a cruel place. You suck, world. You see, for the past few weeks I have been fretting over the disappearance of Jon Stewart's Daily Show from my television. I thought that there might have been a hiatus or maybe that it was just the result of a non-ratings season thing, and so I decided to just pine away, feigning 'patience'. But, come on, it's SBS. They don't do non-ratings seasons. They don't do ratings. I began to get a very bad feeling in my waters. What had happened to the show? Well, the answer is, something dreadful. I emailed SBS about it, and [sob] I just received their courteous reply:

Dear Viewer,
Thank you for your email regarding The Weekly Daily Show.
Unfortunately, we sought to renew the rights but they did not accept our offer.
Thanks again


[cue uncontrollable inarticulate wailing]