Friday, May 21, 2004

I have some stored up venting to do since the computer's only just come back online after being out of action for a bit. Okay, so it was like, two days. But it felt like ages. I'm just going to bitch. Like, I have only just recently been able to catch people to talk to for stupid local story assignment and am getting really pressed for time and it's gonna be crap. Also, my job is getting really annoying. Because of all my 'new responsibilities', because I'm a schmuck who can't be fucked finding a new job while others with half a brain go back to South Korea, my boss is constantly saying "Have you done this?" "Have you done this?" "Have you done this?" "Oh, you haven't done that. Tsk." Arrgh! Dude I would have fucking done it if you'd told me it was a chore that needed doing! If I'd known it even EXISTED! But NO! Grrr. At some point in EVERY shift for the past two weeks he has managed to find some new, unheard of thing that I "haven't done". Ooh, shame on me. All my workmates have noticed it, too. They're like, "What's with him always being on at you about something? What the hell is he talking about?" And I'm like, "Ergh. Can't chat. Gotta go do some pissy little thing." So then I come in early the next shift and I scramble to do every measly thing he's happened to mention so that there will be no "Oh, you haven't done that yet?" [Yet? YET? What are you talking about? Try EVER! I've been doing the same stuff for three years! Where is all this other shit coming from? See, this nagging isn't just happening in my new shift, it's happening in all my old ones too. What the hell is going on?] And no matter how much extra stuff I do, there is ALWAYS something. It actually effects some part of me, too. And I think, "Oh no. I could be doing better." And so I work harder. How lame is that? Why do I even care? Actually, have started to stop caring. Every stupid new thing and I'm more prone to just register it and move on, no anxiety. This lack of an anxious need to please has led me think differently, like 'I am SO getting a pay rise'. I never even considered that before, but now I'm like, how could he deny me? The fucker NEEDS me and I'm 22 and, as I said, I've been there three fucking years. Oh man, what have I been thinking? I should have asked for it years ago. He's got no reason NOT to pay me more. Definitely not a legal leg to stand on. How polite and dumb am I? What kind of a dickhead gets $11.90 an hour for running the joint while he sits out back doing whatever it is he does, coming out once in a while when I buzz him about needing a fresh batch of pancakes, bringing a fresh load of "Have you done this?" "Have you done that?" "Oh, you haven't done that"? Oh, yeah. MY kind of dickhead. Actually there are others who do the same job as me on different nights and get LESS! What the hell is wrong with us? Dude's gonna pay!

No comments: