Saturday, October 09, 2004

IT'S ELECTION DAY! IT'S ELECTION DAY! And I am in a great mood. Sure, I just drudged through a busy nine-hour shift, so I might be going a little mental, but just think of what could happen today! No, not this. Something more along the lines of:

* Mark Latham is our Prime Minister. Which means that John Howard is not our Prime Minister. Yippee!

[Just let yourself luxuriate in the above possibility. You will feel so good. Your heart will expand as realisation upon realisation hits you. Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!]

* Richard Frankland is a Senator. How awesome is that?!

* The Greens hold the balance of power in the Senate. Hurrah!

* Not only is John Howard no longer PM, he's not even an MP after losing Bennelong thanks to Andrew Wilkie. Alriiight!

* Family First achieve nothing, except for causing voters to turn off the Liberal party in droves. Fuck yeah!

Just think about it. You'll feel so good. I'm crazy-happy at the moment. And I'm not gonna shake myself out of it until Kerry O'Brien tells me something different. Because it could happen... today! In a matter of hours, Australia could feel all party party party, and be immediately lifted out of a dark, stagnant mood, and go like "Man, I feel so great! What the hell were we thinking to deny ourselves a feeling as great as this? We should have done this years ago!" And, instead of people feeling a bit "oh well" or bitter and twisted tonight, they could feel "Whoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo!" Anyway, this is my head space for the next thirty hours or so. I'm giddy like the best kind of drunk I've never been. Wheeeeeee!

No comments: